Wednesday, May 13, 2009

so I dated an axe murderer

Just in case I see this guy on the news for commiting some hanious crime in the future, I will not reveal his real name. I will use an alias. Let's call him MC.

Things with MC started off well. He had come to a potluck and mingled with my friends, he played games he talked, was smart and seemed like a gentleman. At the end of the potluck, he asked me out for Friday evening and I agreed.

Again, he was a gentleman, picked me up at my place (this time I forgot the Batman Suit). MC had called to confirm the date, he opened doors, and was engaged in our converstaion for most of the night. He did all the things a good dater should do. He took me to dinner and ice skating, which was all fine. After the ice skating he asked if I'd like to go to a book store. I agreed, I love bookstores! We browsed the fiction section, the children's section, and the art section and just talked about different books and topics. Trying to be a good date I thought the next section we should embark on should be History, since these seemed to be a common interest for both of us.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

All of the sudden MC turned from perfect gentleman to hit man. In the next twenty minutes I found myself swarmed in a rampage of Obama bashing, political views, hunting stories and the worst...war strategies. As I listened in silence I couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth. He proceeded to tell me the strategy he thought should be used to punish the pirates who had captured the captain of a US ship of the coast of Somalia. His stategy was, "I think we should kill all of the pirates except for three and then make them watch as we kill all of thier friends, sew them up in pigs and throw them into the ocean...then the remaning three who are alive can go tell their friends not to mess with us." All of this was said while his eyes got big and he was gripping the steering wheel. He was on a rampage all the way up to the doorstep. The whole time I am thinking, "that is one of the most disturbing things I have heard in a long time" for a couple of reasons. For one, burying a muslim with a pig is extremely offensive to the Muslim Culture. I have heard of stories in the Phillipines where they have done this to discourage terrorism, but I still find it very offensive. You can read about it here. And for two, doesn't anyone teach men the rules anymore. Politics is not an appropriate thing to discuss when courting, not on the first date anyway. Especially with me. I don't enjoy it, and I will not disclose my political views to gentleman who ask. Political affiliation is not a deal breaker for me, and I don't want to be classified with that criteria either.

Sorry MC. I don't agree with your strategy, nor your approach to women. Who knows...maybe some women find that attractive? Readers, I would LOVE to hear what you think on this one. I am still stunned and have changed the locks on my doors for sure!

1 comment:

  1. OMIGOSH! Highly HIGHLY disturbing! Was he joking about killing people and letting the others watch? I keep hoping that it was some really subtle form of irony. Crazy stuff!

    ReplyDelete