Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the letter

A few weeks ago I started chatting with a guy from Las Vegas. It became evident fairly quickly that it wouldn't be a romantic relationship, but we have become friends and I had enjoyed talking to him over the phone and e-mail. Las Vegas boy had attempted to come meet me a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't ready and I refused his offer.

A couple of days ago, I made a comment on his Facebook status. I do not take public wall posts on Facebook seriously and let me clarify that the comment I made was niether suggestive, or flirtatious (I don't do that). It was just a comment from a friend to a friend...about falling asleep when driving.

Twenty Minutes later...a message in my facebook inbox from a girl who I don't know. This is what it said.

"Sorry Holly, But you are sadly mistaken if you think you are the only woman in ______ life. That weekend he was in Utah and didn't see you- he was with me. Just like the last three weekends he was with me(and I mean "with me" in every sense of the word). Just like how he's been in love with me for the past 2 months and has told me he really has no interest in you. Just an fyi. Time for you to move on."

As I read this, I laughed. Hard. Who does that? What kind of girl writes letters to girls on Facebook that she doesn't know, protecting herself for a boy that just to clarify once again, Holly DOES NOT have and hasn't ever had romantic feelings for. I was amazingly confused by this, but also grateful for a story.

As far as you Facebook girl, Go get em tiger! Vegas Boy is all yours and Best of Luck!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Can I just say that the poor girl is obviously extremely insecure and would probably not survive a relationship...!! Good luck to her though, and even more luck to Vegas boy cos it sounds like he'll need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. just passing thru blogs and read this. Hilarious. She seriously needs a life!

    ReplyDelete