Sunday, May 24, 2009

attack of the serial texter


YIKES!!! K, so this guy asked me for my number and I gave it to him. Little did I know what was in store. Seriously, a couple of texts while I am at work to see how I am doing are fine...but this guy went WAY overboard. And...on top of it he called me and wasn't so impressive on the phone so I think it was doubly annoying. Here is how it all went down.

Friday:
2:45pm HIM: How is your work going? How long have you been a nanny?
2:54pm HIM: Do you like pets?
2:55pm ME: Work is fine. Ten Years. I am not particularly fond of pets, aside from dogs and horses.
2:56pm HIM: What kind of dog do you like?
2:57pm ME: Labs, or bigger playful dogs
2:57pm HIM: Those are good dogs
2:58pm HIM: I like german shephards
3:03pm HIM: What made you decide to become a nanny?
(At this point I am not answering because I am actually trying to be a good nanny and play with the kid...and...I am getting annoyed with him filling up my in box on my phone)
4:45pm ME: I became a nanny because I love working with kids and wanted to experience other parts of the world, moved to New York when I was 18 to try it out
4:46pm HIM: Do you have family out there?
4:49pm HIM: I am guessing you want to move back
5:57pm ME: I don't know where I see myself after grad school. I can teach anywhere in the world.
7:35pm HIM: Are you still at work?
9:03pm ME: Just got back from dinner with a friend
9:04pm HIM: How was it?
9:04pm ME: Great. I am headed to the track right now for a run so I might be missing for a bit (thinking...YAY, I don't have to answer or hear from him for a bit)
He calls...I chit chat with him for a bit and listen to him complain about the business he is starting and how he doesn't know how to do it and how it's not going very well...NOT so impressed)
10:29 HIM: How is the run?
11:16 HIM: Are you done with the five miles?

SATURDAY:
12:26pm HIM: How is your Saturday
1:14pm ME: Busy, but good. Went Rollerblading
1:17pm HIM: I am doing well. Just got done with some yard work and taking a shower. Now I am just waiting for my grandmother and aunt aunt to come over.
2:20pm ME: I am going to the temple with my mom in a bit, but I need to do yard work as well
1:23 pm HIM: What type of yard work?
1:25 pm HIM: How big is your yard?
1:26pm HIM: I just had to weed whack so mine didn't take very long
5:11pm HIM: Are you done with your yard work now?
5:12pm HIM: Maybe when I come to Salt Lake you can teach me how to rollerblade. I have never done it before. Are you pretty good at it?
(Notice, I am not answering anymore cause I am so annoyed that I want to throw my phone in the rubbish bin)

FINALLY...I haven't heard from him in almost 16 hours. Relief! Text messaging is appropriate at certain times so I wont totally rule it out but seriously this guy needs to learn the rules. Is there a manual on cell phone ettiquette? If so I will take 72 copies please!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Holly,
    I am totally laughing at these ridiculous stories (mostly Benjamin Button).
    God bless you.
    Love,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete